Date(s) - 09/12/2014
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Categories No Categories
The Asia Pacific Forum on Loss and Damage will be hosting an informal meeting in Lima, Peru, to complement the twentieth Conference of the Parties (COP). The intention of the meeting is for stakeholders, researchers and interested individuals to come together and discuss progress on loss and damage research. As many have already seen, the two year workplan from the Executive Committee has recently been released that includes nine areas for which actions have been proposed for each.
While the Asia Pacific region has been leading the way in terms of research related to loss and damage, the meeting will provide an opportunity for individuals from around the world to sit together and discuss what is happening in their own countries in this respect.
Since space is limited, we kindly ask interested individuals to RSVP to: email@example.com. Spaces will likely go on a first come first serve basis so please let us know as soon as possible.
Proceedings from Meeting
- Meeting Proceedings
- Spreadsheet of ‘Who’s Working on What’ (please feel free to add information even if you were unable to attend the meeting in Lima)
- Asia Pacific Forum on Loss and Damage: December Newsletter
- Relevant Reading Material to Advise on the Two-Year Workplan
- UNFCCC: Loss and damage work programme
- UNFCCC: Report of the Executive Committee (including two-year workplan)
- UNFCCC: Technical paper on non-economic losses
- UNFCCC: Technical paper on slow onset events
- UNFCCC Decisions:
- Decision 2/CP.19: Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage
- Decision 3/CP.18: Approaches to address loss and damage associated with climate change impacts
- Decision 7/CP.17: Work programme on loss and damage
- Decision 1/CP.16: Cancun Adaptation Framework